Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Poll OnlyStart new topic

LTP 6-2 - Celebrity First Pitch
pazuzu
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 03:56 PM
Quote Post
N/A

Group: Grader Team
N/A

The first and one of my favorite people to throw out the first pitch at Voyager’s stadium is Jake Gyllenhaal. Jake was in New York filming a new movie coming out and as a publicity for the new movie he attended one of our games and through out the first pitch. Not many people were asked excited as I was when this happened because I love the man with a passion. I love every movie I have seen him in and got to talk to him a little before and after the game. He was everything I ever hoped he would be.

Second and a fan favorite in New York was the legendary singer Billy Joel. Billy has always been loved by New Yorkers and shows his love for New York as well in many different songs he has written. It was necessary for the organization to get a fan beloved idol like Billy Joel to help christen the team. Not only did he throw out the first pitch, Billy also performed the National Anthem and sang in the 7th inning stretch as well. Billy sure knows how to get the fans involved in the game and other ballpark activities, that day was one of the most electric games I have ever participated in and that is all thanks to Billy.

Last and certainly not least would be another star athlete, Harry Kane. When Harry and his team, Tottenham Hotspur, came to the United States from their summer tour, Kane and some of his other teammates traveled across the country training and attending other sporting events for some fun. While in New York, Tottenham ran some drills with us playing both baseball and what those Europeans call football, it was a ton of fun. Later that day we had our game as scheduled and Kane attended and was asked to throw out the first pitch. He lasered it right down the strike zone too, I tried to convince Clem and Ludwig to sign him, but said he would be too much.

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
manicmav36
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 04:03 PM
Quote Post
N/A

Group: Fantasy Team

In what will easily go down as one of the greatest promotions ever, the San Antonio Sloths dedicated an entire 3 game series to an all-time classic TV show, The Office. To start off the week, the Sloths chose to go with and under-utilized, yet wildly popular character, Creed Bratton, played by none other than… Creed Bratton. Known on the show for his wild antics and general unpredictability, it came as no surprise when Creed did not show up to deliver the ceremonial first pitch. Instead he showed up hallway through the third and insisted that “First pitches are always thrown in the third inning.” Oh, Creed.

For the second game of their “Salute to the Office” series, the Sloths were able to convince both John Krasinski and Jenna Fischer. For those unfamiliar with the show, John Krasinski played Jim Halpert, and Jenna Fischer player Pam Beasly, a pair that had a “will they/won’t they” type relationship for a large portion of the show and later ended up getting married. They relationship was a pivotal story plot in the show and they’re deeply beloved by Office fans. Because there were two of them, Jenna elected to throw the pitch while John elected to be the catcher. Jenna, who played softball in college delivered the pitch in typical fast-pitch softball fashion and it was a burner.

For their third and final game of the “Salute to the Office” series, they were able to land both series star Steve Carell who played the main character for a majority of the series, Michael Scott, and a semi-regular character and later producer of the show, BJ Novak, who played “wunderkind” Ryan Howard. (Fun fact: BJ Novak and John Krasinski were classmates in high school). Steve Carell would be throwing the pitch and BJ Novak would be the honorary catcher. However, in being true to his Office character, Steve Carell insisted that BJ Novak threw out the first pitch as he “Would clearly do it better than me.” He wasn’t wrong.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
BWIII
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 05:26 PM
Quote Post
N/A

Group: Fantasy Team
N/A

One of the first people the New York Voyagers invited to throw out a first pitch was actually one of the last to respond. This individual was none other than comedian Chevy Chase. When he went out to the mount you could see the sweat start to pour from his face. He took a mic out with him and started trying to tell jokes, but nobody was laughing at them . This made the sweat come out even more. You could actually see sweat stains coming from his pits and the middle of his chest. He then attempted to throw a pitch that went like 5 feet.

Talking about a comedian whose jokes fall flat and had a terrible first pitch, Whoopi Goldberg was another one that this happened to at a Voyagers game. I'm not sure what brings this out in people at Voyagers games, but Whoopi looked worse throwing a ball than Noodles does making a throw to first base. Before her pitch she was standing there, attempting to get into a pitching pose, but it was way over the top and you could just tell she had no idea what she was doing. One man in the crowd stood up and was like "Yo sing Sister Act". This visible shook her.

One other person who had an extremely memorable first pitch for the Voyagers was actor Danny Masterson from that 70's show and The Ranch. Masterson actually seemed to be the real life embodiment of his character Rooster from the Ranch as he showed up to the stadium drunk. I'm told he then proceeded to flip out when he was told he wasn't getting free drinks and threw a temper tantrum like a 5 year old until staff agreed to just give him some. By the time he started making his way out to the mound he was shit canned and he was stumbling over his own feet. He bent over and puked on the mound before delivering a pitch to the opposing dugout.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
LGMForever
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 06:50 PM
Quote Post
N/A

Group: PBE GMs

The first pitch to be thrown out at one of the local Vancouver Vandals home games for all of the fans to see was thrown by none other than famous musician Tupac Shakur. You may be wondering how this is possible for Tupac to be at the Vandals game, as he was notoriously shot down in his vehicle from a man that is yet to be caught. Many people would have had this thought, but the truth is that Tupac actually faked his death and fled to Brazil so that he could settle down with all of his cash. This musical genius is of course a fan of the best baseball team in the Pro Baseball experience and just knew that he had to come out of hiding to serve the fans and as he trotted out of the dugout, applauses erupted in the stadium and it was best damn first pitch ever.

Similarly to Tupac Shakur, another musician that was thought to be deceased has actually fooled the entire world and his fate was only revealed through a first pitch appearance at a Vancouver Vandals home game. Of course, I'm talking about the legend himself in Biggie Smalls who was also thought to have been assassinated by a mysterious man. As could be expected, Biggie also took his leave to the South American country of Brazil with Tupac so they could sit on the beaches and drink their refreshing alcoholic beverages. As could be expected, everyone loved Biggie and in his first pitch of the game he threw a 150 MPH fastball right at the catcher and took off his hand.

The final notable celebrity to have made an appearance in Vancouver in order to throw a first pitch for the wonderful fans of the Vandals was none other than Jared Fogle. There's just some things that you aren't able to put into words. Jared's subway is just ginormous and I know that everyone would like to put it in their mouths in order to satisfy the pain in their tummies. Thompson has never seen a subway as long as Jared's and for that reason he invited the spokesperson to throw the first pitch at Vancouver. The fans all booed when he trotted onto the field, but Thompson just couldn't put his finger on why.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Player Updates Page
PM
^
Muf BeatsBy Crit Feinstein
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 06:54 PM
Quote Post
N/A

Group: Members
N/A

Those that have been following the Death Valley Scorpions closely will note that the team has had some famous WAGs enter the mix recently. Scorpions rookie Jimothy Kekton has been spotted out on the town with model Kate Upton, who threw out the ceremonial first pitch for the team's home opener. The crowd was a mixture of cheers for the famous supermodel and lewd harrassment for Upton to take her top off, an act that would make no sense and have no business occurring on the sacred pitcher's mound. Upton took everything in stride and threw the first pitch with little drama, hitting just below the strike zone.

Also taking the mound for a first pitch in Death Valley was Shark Tank and Dragon's Den star Kevin O'Leary. A financial expert with a reputation for crassly shattering dreams in front of a wide audience, O'Leary was similarly met with a combination of cheers and pejorative chants to take his shirt off. Unlike Upton, O'Leary obliged, shirtlessly tossed a first pitch so bad it put 50 Cent's blatant cry for attention at a Mets game a few years ago to shame. This inspired thousands of hot takes from people with 15 followers on twitter, making it the biggest thing to happen in professional baseball since the Bambino himself pointed his bat at the outfield. After the pitch, Mr. Wonderful picked up the ball, and uttered his famous catchphrase: "You're dead to me".

Finishing up the Scorpions' run of famous first pitch throwers was none other than actor and just-another-dude Michael Cera. The Canadian approached the mound to dead silence, gangly legs flailing about in a manner that almost resembled walking and yet, seemed unhuman. As he was handed the ball to throw the pitch, Cera winced, and the ball fell harmlessly to the ground. Looking confused as the stadium erupted into raucous laughter, Cera gingerly picked up the ball and readied himself for the toss of his life. The ball made it roughly a third of the way to the catcher and lost the steam of its roll shortly thereafter, making it less than half of the total necessary distance. Inexplicably, the stadium turned from laughter to booming cheers, eliciting a half smile from Cera as he put up a hand in a wave and shouted, "Sorry!"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Goofus Maximus
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 06:55 PM
Quote Post
N/A

N/A

Rapper and actor Drake, also known by Aubrey Drake Graham, was the vandal’s first celebrity to give out the first pitch this season. He had a good arm during the throw and go it over home plate. Drake started his fame out on the hit teen show Degrassi: The Next Generation before setting off his rapping and producing career. Since his teen years he was seen on the set of Degrassi often spotted sporting a Vandals jersey when he wasn’t in front of the camera shooting a scene. Once in an interview during the shooting of their second season all he could talk about was how huge of a fan he was. Even today with his big name he still finds time to come home to support his home country’s best team!
Words: 132

For the seventh home game of the season the team decided to invite another former cast member of Degrassi: The Next Generation. His name is Ryan Cooley who played J.T. York on the show. Drake had tipped the team Cooley was also a huge fan back in the day when they were young. Turned out that he still had much support for the team! Cooley’s pitch wasn’t as graceful as Drake’s however. He stood about half-way between homeplate and the pitcher mount. After his pitch he said in a small interview: “Aubrey and I had a lot in common when filming Degrassi. Athleticism was not one of those things. But even if I embarrass myself at least I did it supporting my favorite baseball team”.
Words: 125

The Vandals took a break from the Degrassi stars for a while but at the end of the season they asked another Canadian native and star from the show to throw a first pitch. This time they went with Miriam McDonald. Miriam however never was much into sports, but she loves supporting whatever she can. Her character in the show was like that too. Like Cooley, McDonald didn’t have the best of throws, but she was at least able to stand at the pitcher’s mound and make farther than he did. However, it didn’t exactly go directly towards home plate and was over by the bat boy of the opposing team.
Words: 111
PMEmail
^
Keygan
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 06:55 PM
Quote Post
N/A

Group: Updater Team
N/A

When fifty cent appeared at the ballpark willing to recreate his infamous first pitch that he threw before a New York Metropolitans game how could we say no? The fans were a bit taken back by the idea of an intentionally terribly thrown ball, but eventually started laughing at how poorly he threw the ball as it rolled into the opposing team’s dugout. But alas it happened and everyone smile and enjoyed the atmosphere , the teams smiled and laughed and ultimately everyone had a good time, with the exception of Fifty, he was still a bit embarrassed about the whole ordeal.

When it was announced Taylor Swift would be throwing out a first pitch Connor Tanner and Mookie Banks were elated, the love of both their lives was about to join them on the field, where she would throw a ball with each hand to both Tanner and Banks, who were ecstatic to be able to catch a ball from their saviour, who then proceeded to sign the ball as if Tanner and Banks were sick children rather than ball players. She also decided to sing her own rendition of God Bless America, and let’s be honest she can’t be worse than Fergie.

The final guest to throw out a pitch was none other than Outer Banks Aviators legend; Julian O’Sullivan.

The former shortstop phenom has gone on to win multiple MVPs as the league’s best position player but many forget his early days with the Aviators, the young shortstop was forgotten as a whole, as he was showered in boos for the way in which he left the team, he left and in return the team received the heavily injured Bobby Schmurda who is struggling to even DH now. Julian delivered a strike from the mound, but I’m certain it’ll be a day he chooses to forget about soon.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
NamelessNate
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 07:12 PM
Quote Post
N/A

Group: Head Office
N/A

One of many celebrities to throw a first pitch at a New York Voyagers game was none other than Sean Bean. His first pitch is likely to be a memorable one for years to come. As we know Sean Bean is the guy famous for never surviving in any role he's done. From Boramir in Lord of the Rings to Ned Stark in Game of Thrones Sean Bean always finds a way to die. Sean Bean famous for character acting did so again in the Voyagers stadium. In the middle of his first pitch the actor began to clutch his chest. Committed to his craft he even waited for the paramedics to enter the playing field and carry him off in a stretcher to a nearby waiting ambulance!

The next celebrity to throw the first pitch at Voyagers park was actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. The absolute unit of a man delivered what must of been the most spectacular first pitch in Voyagers history. He prefaced the pitch by driving onto the field being chased by 2 other cars which he took out using carefully planned pit maneuvers. Then he drove his car to the pitcher's mound and drifted to a stop when he then threw the baseball out of the window to the catcher for a perfect strike down the middle. The radar gun caught his velocity at an impressive 98 MPH! Do not be surprised to see his name playing for the Voyagers in the future.

Last but not least was singer/ songwriter Kanye West. They say hindsight is 20/20 vision, but whoever organized this should have had 20/20 foresight. The night he was invited to throw the ceremonial first pitch also happened to be the night the Voyagers recognized Ludwig Groetzinger for winning rookie of the year. As the on field announcer was about to present Ludwig with the award West snatched the microphone from his hand and wildly exclaimed "Yo, Ludwig, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but Kimetrius Webster had one of the best rookie seasons of all time! One of the best rookie seasons of all time!" Since then Kanye West has been banned from all future Voyagers home events to which he retorded with a song titled "No more baseball games in New York."

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
JVMjrDOT
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 07:14 PM
Quote Post
N/A

N/A

Bo Burnham threw out the first pitch in today's game. He is the writer and director of “Eighth Grade”, a coming of age movie that is currently in theatres. Bo was just as surprised as the rest of the crowd when they invited him to the pitching mound. Standing 6'6 and 165 pounds soaking wet, he definitely didn't strike anyone as a Ace pitcher, per say. That being said, Bo managed to throw a dart right down the middle. His windup was eerily similar to Dontrelle Willis, and was certainly a marvel to behold. Bo might have a future in the big leagues if he doesn't end up succeeding in the movie industry.

Another star who threw out the first pitch was Gal Gadot. Donning an Aviators uniform, she took the field to a standing ovation. In an earlier interview, Gal mentioned that while she did not grow up following baseball, she's made an attempt to watch as many Aviators games as possible while she's not filming for Wonder Woman. She admitted that she has a crush on the star second baseman, Connor Macdonald, which originally got her into the sport. I'd like to be able to tell you that she threw a sweeping curveball that buckled the knees of everyone at the stadium, but I honestly don't know where the ball ended up. I didn't stop staring at her even when she pitched.

The last star to take the mound was Macklemore. The lanky rap star was a huge hit with the fans, until he threw the ball. If you've ever seen the YouTube video of 50 Cent throwing out the first pitch, Macklemore's was even worse. While 50 Cent threw his twenty feet to the left, Macklemore somehow managed to throw his straight up in the air. He simply laughed it off and walked off the mound. Even after that awful performance, word is that the Voyagers have made calls to Macklemore in an attempt to sign him and improve their bullpen.
PM
^
TYP0
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 07:23 PM
Quote Post
N/A

N/A

Someone thought that it was a good idea for the opening game of the Crab’s season at home to invite the lead singer of Nickelback: Chad Kroeger. Oh boy were they wrong. First off, he was late and insisted that he sang the National Anthem. He got his way and just stood there and said, “look at this graaaphhhh”. Following this he gave the worst first pitch ever, of all time. He managed to throw the ball behind himself! He retried the throw and did manage to get it over home plate. After the game the rest of the band came out and put on a free concert! Nobody stayed to watch.
Words:112

The Outer Banks Aviators got a much cooler person for their first pitch at home than the Crab’s this year. Former President Obama is a huge Aviators fan and was honored to throw the first pitch. He says its even been a life-long dream of his to do so! Mr. Obama did a remarkable job with his pitch- straight over home plate from the pitcher’s mound. He stuck around for a few action shots to be taken of him playing catch with the team during their warm up and lead the crowd in song during the seventh inning stretch. What an honor to have him.
Words: 105

Vandals brought back their favorite guest who gives first pitches for them when he’s not away filming Deadpool movies: Ryan Reynolds! They’ve had him numerous times and he brings a lot of people out to the field from his fanbase. This time was like no other. He pitched it straight down the middle and then gave a traditional fist bump to the catcher as he went into the dugout to say hey to the team before the start of the game. Ryan watched and cheered on the Vandals from his regular seats with his wife Blake Lively and two daughters. He’s scheduled to be back in about three weeks for the game against the Sloths.
Words: 115
PM
^
maxcrazy
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 07:26 PM
Quote Post
N/A

Group: Head Office

Fifty Cent game all the way to Vancouver to deliver the first pitch. His first pitch in the other baseball league that we aren't allowed to talk about, was simply terrible for lack of a better word. He had hoped a new country and a new league he could redeem himself. But it was not meant to be. His first pitch to the catcher missed by about a mile and landed halfway between the mount and home plate. He was greeted with boos and bottles being thrown at the field. Needless to say, he is not welcome back at Vandals Dome.

The next person we had come to throw a first pitch was Vancouver's Mayor. The mayor was extremely happy to have the Vandals in his city. The four time champions have brought great fame and glory the the city. Tourism has shot up and people by the bus load come during the baseball season to see the best team in the entire league play ball. His pitch was terrible, nearly as bad as Fifty Cent's was, but the great still cheered and clapped, because he's the goddamn mayor of Vancouver. And, he's the mayor that brought the four time world series champs to Vancouver.

The last person we'll talk about that threw a first pitch was Kiwi, Runakiwi's dog. She is a huge fan favorite and everyone loves to see her whenever they get the chance. Now, this wasn't your typical first pitch, instead Runakiwi stood on the mound and threw the ball for Kiwi to catch, which she did in one sweeping motion. This was met with thunderous applause and everyone thought this was the best first pitch in the history of baseball. Was it? I sure think so, and I'm going to be looking forward to Kiwi's first pitch next season too.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image

Update Page Player Page.
PM
^
Jonstradamus
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 07:27 PM
Quote Post
N/A

Group: MiLPBE GMs

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
tlk742
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 07:29 PM
Quote Post
N/A

Group: PBE GMs
N/A

Pitch number one will be thrown out by longtime Crabs fan and Dinero diehard, Angus Winchester of the Orange County Otters. It is not surprise that Winchester is a big name, but having him latch on to the crabs fandom early. It is no surprise that the legend of the National Simulation Football League is a fan of the Pro Baseball Experience, but he seems to have found a connection, with Dinero and followed the Crabs as a result. In terms of pitching prowess, I’m going to use the only metric I know how, 50 Cent’s throw to the Mets. He threw 30 times better than 50.

Crabs original closer Chris Orosz returned to throw another opening pitch. The Closer and Crabs Legend. The two-sport star put up decent numbers, and while he isn’t involved anymore in any way, he still is a fan of the game and can be found at the games rooting for the Crabs. It’s always good to see Veterans return and return with gusto. It’s good to see Orosz back in the stands, although he was never great so on the tlk fifty cent scale he was only able to throw about 75 times better than Mr. Cent at the Mets first pitch.

Finally, later this season Crabs are going to retire the number three which belonged to Ricky Vaughn. It felt only right that as we honored him, he throw out an opening pitch. Vaughn was instrumental in some key Crabs games and seasons, producing the win at game one hundred and one where the Crabs surpassed the Vaoygers and pitching the first no hitter in Crabs history. All in all Vaughn was a great pitcher for the Crabs who staved off retirement when they needed him most, expect a performance three hundred times better that Fifty Cent at the New York Mets first pitch.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

Update Page
PM
^
to12143
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 07:56 PM
Quote Post
N/A

N/A

The first celebrity to throw a first pitch was Ryan Reynolds, who threw out the first pitch for the Vandals this season. Reynolds, having been born in Vancouver, has ties to the community and has gained immense popularity playing the anti-hero Deadpool. As soon as it was revealed that Ryan Reynolds would not only be there to throw the first pitch, but also would be available for a meet and greet after the game, any and all remaining tickets were snatched up by baseball fans, Deadpool fans, and scalpers trying to make a quick buck. While he may not have thrown the best pitch ever seen, it was a perfectly fine strike for the star actor. (116 words)

The next celebrity is none other than The Undertaker. The WWE superstar who is billed from Death Valley, The Undertaker (also known as Mark Calaway, his birth name) was invited, and surprisingly accepted, the opportunity to throw out the first pitch for the Scorpions who are hoping that they can jumpstart a championship season with someone who is used to winning championships. While he has been much of a mystery in and out of the ring, Calaway, who is 53 years old, saw the opportunity to throw the first pitch as a chance to get back out there with the Undertaker brand, as he had not wrestled for quite some time before throwing the first pitch due to age and injuries. Many fans enjoyed seeing Calaway throw the first pitch, and even the ones who are more worried about saying wrestling is fake were able to quiet down and enjoy the moment of the Undertaker walking out to the mound with his full-on entrance, minus the pyrotechnics. (167 words)

The final man to throw out the first pitch did it for the Crabs. While not a wrestler, or actor, this man has received some local and national fame by being the second pitcher in PBE to throw a no-hitter. Yes, Ricky Vaughn, the now retired pitcher who was drafted by the Aviators, and then traded to the Crabs where he saw some success, was out there to throw the first pitch. Not often do you see the ceremonial first pitch clock in as the fastest pitch of the night, but exactly that happened when Vaughn held nothing back, showing off his rocket arm once again and giving fans the opportunity to hear the ball hit the mitt with that emphatic oomph sound that only a 100mph fastball could make. A sound that fans came to enjoy when Vaughn was on the mound, that was the last time they would hear it coming from him. (155 words)
PMEmail
^
cpetrella
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 08:06 PM
Quote Post
N/A

N/A

One first pitch thrown by a celebrity for the best team ever the outer banks aviators is none other than jesus christ himself. Yes you heard it. Jesus may be thousands of years old but he just had to come out and ball on some fools for the world to see. Jesus is a die hard aviators fan so he took a break from being a prophet and threw the nastiest knuckleball you have ever seen in your life. That man can throw like god, maybe it’s because hes god’s son. Jesus is just such a monster and when the pitch hit benson’s glove every water bottle in the stadium turned into a wine bottle

The second person to come and do a first pitch for the outer banks aviators is the most famous sales associate of all time and my favorite anime character tupac. Tupac might have died and switched up on the rap game but there is no way in hell that tupac would switch up on the aviators. Even though tupac is a west coast guy the aviators are just so irresistible that he had to come mess some fools up for the first pitch. Tupac really booled on some people and dropped the hottest verse of 2018 while on the mound and set the whole arena on fire, prompting the aviators to build a better stadium. Thanks, pac!

Lastly, the third celebrity to do a first pitch for the outer banks aviators is none other than lindsey lohan. Lohan broke herself out of prison and rehab in order to deliver one of the worst first pitches i have ever seen. She looked like a mess and she probably belongs in a mental institution but that didnt stop her from tossing that ball. Unfortunately this horrifying sight made everyone leave the stadium so the aviators played in front of no fans that day. It was interesting to be able to step into the shoes of the death valley scorpions for that game. The quiet was very peaceful.

pls give me credit i tried so hard to get this done before 12

This post has been edited by cpetrella: Aug 12 2018, 08:08 PM

--------------------
user posted image

King Cuddles II- Berkely Bulldogs 2B: S1 All Star, Gold Glove Runner-Up

Billy Benson- Outer Banks Aviators Catcher: S5 All Star
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  Poll OnlyStart new topic